Re: shared memory on OS X - 7.4beta4

От Jim Crate
Тема Re: shared memory on OS X - 7.4beta4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> And here are are the default settings for OS X 10.2.6:
>>
>>     sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmmax=4194304
>
>Well, I can only say that if I lower shmmax to that value, initdb picks
>max_connections = 50
>shared_buffers = 300

I just did a fresh install of 7.4b5 on a fresh install of MacOS 10.3, and initdb
picked those same values for postgresql.conf.  PostgreSQL started up the first
time successfully, but then refused to start again even after restarting the
computer until I reduced shared_buffers.

Now to figure out why sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmmax=<some_reasonable_value> doesn't
seem to work on 10.3...

Jim Crate